Thursday, January 5, 2012

Interview with a "famous" person from your dynasty

Reporter: Hello Emperor Qin Shi Huang!  Thank you for making time for an interview.  I have a few questions. 

Qin Shi Huang: Absolutely! Let's begin.

Reporter: Being the first emperor in your dynasty, what challenges did you face in the process of becoming an emperor?


Qin Shi Huang : Well, almost all emperors face some bumps in the road but they don't usually admit up to it, but I'd have to say that convincing the people of China that I would be the correct ruler for this time period was the most difficult!  There was also no other emperor before my time in the Qin dynasty so I could not say that I would do things differently than other emperors that also ruled in the Qin dynasty. I had to compare myself to rulers from different dynasty's. 






Reporter: Interesting! Thank you for sharing that with us. What were your two greatest achievements to China? How did this help your reputation?


Qin Shi Huang: By far, my two greatest achievements to China were the Great Wall of China and Terracotta Warriors and Horses!  This helped my reputation tremendously because we built the Great Wall of China to protect our country from invaders. No one in this country wanted to be invaded so everyone thought building the Great Wall was a great idea! I hope that the Great Wall will still be around many, many hundreds of years  from this day! 












 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment